Artist Call for London Fine Art Photography Exhibit
Shotgun Studios are searching for emerging and established artists who utilise photography in exciting and innovative ways. This call is for London-based talent who explore realms of the surreal in their art practice.
Strange Lands will be a group exhibit, with the central theme of illusion. We’re excited to offer this exhibition opportunity to top emerging and established artists, showcasing fine art photography at Shotgun Studio’s art gallery in Acton, West London. The exhibition will run for 3 weeks, from September 9th – 29th 2017, with an exhibition launch party on Friday 8th September.
Shotgun Studios is an independent art and music venue, collaborating with dynamic creative talent to push the boundaries of the conventional gallery concept.
If you have photography or video work* ready to install and would like to exhibit with us, we look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline: Midnight June 30th 2017
Please send examples of up to 3 works you would like to exhibit and your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
Submitting your application
Title the email subject with OPENCALL and your name.
In your email please provide the following :
2. Artist website/instagram
3. Examples of up to 3 ready to exhibit works - Provide an image/images of each work you would like to submit, as JPEGs no bigger than 2MB. (Please send images of works installed if possible) Please provide an online link for us to view video work.
4. Provide a short description of each work, description of the medium used and dimensions for each work submitted.
- If your work is a series - please submit the series as one work.
- * If you would like to submit works that are different mediums to photography or video, but are relevant to the fine art photography concept, please feel free to do so - we are open to viewing the unexpected!
- We are an artist led space and works are selected on the basis of us creating a coherent show. We will let all applicants know if they have been selected or not by July 14th.
- Shotgun Studios will take only 30% of any sales made during the show.
- Selected artists must have works delivered by the August 26th.
- Artists must be available for the launch event on September 8th.
- We encourage artists to have a presence at the gallery during the duration of the show. Approximately 1 – 3 days per week if possible.
- No entry fee for submission.